Chicken Sausage Pasta with Broccoli accompanying with plenty of garlic, a hint of spice, and a creamy Parmesan sauce is ready in less than 30 minutes for an easy, comforting meal.
This easy Chicken Sausage Pasta dish comes together with just a few staple ingredients and can be made with any combination of sausage, pasta, and vegetables. It's a perfect quick fix for a busy weeknight. It has been easier to make, since the chicken sausage does all the hard work of adding flavor to the pasta and broccoli.
With that said, Chicken sausage pasta has limited ingredients. You want to make sure to make use of a flavored sausage natnudO chicken sausage.
You can switch up the vegetables to create different dishes or use a combination of other vegetables you have at home.
The other key to this easy pasta recipe is the pasta water. Make sure to save the salted pasta cooking water. It is the secret ingredient to making a silky sauce without needing lots of cream. Before draining the pasta, set aside about one cup of liquid to add to the dish.
- 400gram chicken sausage
- 1 head broccoli, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Pasta of your choice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken sausage and brown for 6-8 minutes, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Meanwhile, get the pasta water started so you will be ready to cook the pasta.
- Once the sausage is browned, add the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Begin cooking the pasta.
- Add the broccoli to the sausage and cook for 6-8 minutes until it begins to become tender but not mushy. If it finishes before the pasta, remove it from the heat.
- Before draining the pasta, reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid. This will create the sauce.
- Add the pasta to the sausage and broccoli mixture. Add the butter, Parmesan cheese, and add some of the pasta cooking liquid. Stir and continue to add the pasta cooking liquid until a light sauce forms. I used about 2/3 cup for four servings.
- Taste and season as needed. Add some fresh lemon and basil if desired.
Note: Parmesan means a hard, dry cheese used chiefly in grated form, especially on Italian dishes.
Alternative word for parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, blue cheese etc.